Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Obrigadaaa

ISA has several excursions that are included with our program cost. So they seem free in my mind. It is a great feeling...to be totally taken care of, driven around, fed, given a hotel, and have lots of free tours after experiencing traveling on your own. Of course, the weekend wasn't really free....thanks mom and dad....but it seemed like it at the time. It was so fun to spend good time with Mary, Denise, and Emily...my bestiezzz 4lyfe from ISA. You may notice a theme in all of my pictures.....they are the only ones in them. I have other friends, I promise. But you wouldn't know it from the pictures. The four of us became friends in Toledo and it's been all uphill from there. It's so fun knowing people from all over. Emily is from Seattle, Denise is from Ohio, and Mary is from TEXAS!!! (And is another fighting Texas Aggie I might add). Denise and Emily hate when Mary and I talk about being friends once we go back to College Station....sorry boutchyaaaa but we are going to bestiez...right BG? 
Anyways, back to Lisbon. The city reminded me of Sevilla in a way; I feel like they really have similar vibes. It also reminded me so much of San Francisco, which if you know me well you know that is one of my favorite cities in the world. Lots of hills with buildings right near the water, trollies everywhere, and a bridge that looks exactly like the Golden Gate Bridge. We visited several of the must see's...please don't ask me to name them because I am not sure if I could. It was cool hearing people speaking Portuguese. I thought that Spanish and Portuguese were very similar, but for the most part we spoke English with the locals. The people were so friendly and nice, the food was different and yummy, the pastries were to die for (so I hear....stupid lent), and the pictures turned out great. And it's all about the pictures. I have become the designated "solo-shot taker" when it comes to pictures. I could, and I will, make a whole album of all the pictures I have of just Mary. So be prepared for some of my favorite solo shots of my friends. 
The second night was so great. We bought crackers, cheese, chorizo, oranges, and wine and ate in our hotel rooms and watched VH1. I miss being able to just hang out in a house with my friends. We aren't allowed to have friends over to our host family's houses and that has been one thing that is annoying about doing the homestay. If you are ever feeling like you want to stay in and watch movies...and let's face it, I want to do that alot....you can't. So that night was absolutely perfect. We also watched Zoolander, which lets also face it, is a classic...and drew fake tattoos all over our bodies. Overall, a great night. 
I would definitely recommend Lisbon to anyone and everyone. I think one of the reasons I loved it was because of how much it reminds me of Sevilla. So moral of the story is: Sevilla is the best place in Europe. 
I am SO excited for this weekend. Mackenzie and I are meeting our very own MOMS in Barcelona. Will Europe be able to handle Barbara and Mindy??? Time will tell. Many pictures and funny stories to come. Be prepared. 


























1 comment:

  1. Rachel, You need to name your blog "It's a Wonderful Life." Good for you!
    karen jones

    ReplyDelete