Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!


Just thought I would take a moment and reflect on one of the most important people in my life. You guessed it.....my mom! Barbara Culwell is admired, loved, and respected by everyone who knows her. As I have gotten older, and matured past the "parents aren't cool" stage, she has become one of my best friends. I remember when girls would say that..."like, oh my gosh....my mom is like my BFF", I didn't believe them. But it really is true for me. My mom is always willing to listen to me day or night, gives my wise and biblical advice about difficult situations, laughs with me, cries with me, prays for me every day, serves me in so many ways, and is someone whom I can confide everything in. I look up to her in so many ways and hope that I will one day be like her when I am a mom. She has poured out her life into Lauren Claire and I. We are her utmost priority and she always is supportive of me and my ideas...no matter how out there they are. She will drop everything to talk to me and is so great about sharing with me what is going on in her life, what she is learning, what God is teaching her etc. She is a woman after God's own heart and has such a deep desire for me and my sister to have intimacy with Christ. She has such a hospitable heart and is so welcoming to guests in our home and loving to everyone she encounters. (And side note....she is the best cook I know and you better believe I miss her cooking to the core). She always makes me feel loved and taken care of and I couldn't ask for a better mom. This semester has been hard being away from my parents, but I have always known that I can skype my mom day or night and she will be ready to talk. That means alot. Especially when I am oceans away and feeling lonely or removed from everything that has always been so familiar to me. So mom, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do for me. You have taught me what it means to lay down your life for others, and I can't wait to see you in 5 days and 13 hours and 12 minutes!!!  You are very missed on this day! 




Loved having you in Sevilla. It meant so much to me that you came and got to see my world here! 

Summer 2010. Greece Summer Project. It was such a unique experience going with you and Dad and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I loved getting to see you in your element. 

2009 Christmas Card. (Our BEST) 

1991 (I think?) Christmas Card

No comments:

Post a Comment